The Level 3 NVQ in Spectator Safety aims to assess the competence of senior stewards and supervisors at spectator events. Candidates would be expected to demonstrate ability in preparing stewards and venues for spectator events, develop working relationships with colleagues and deal with spectator problems and emergencies
This qualification can be achieved by those working in more supervisory positions at sports events, concerts or carnivals where the safety of spectators is their key responsibility. Candidates must be at least aged 18 or above to accomplish the full qualification. This qualification offers further progression and professional development and follows on from NVQ Level 2 in Spectator Safety. In order to gain the NVQ qualification, candidates must complete four mandatory units together with two optional units from a choice of six.
The primary target group is stewards who provide services – such as health, safety and security, customer service to help spectators have a safe and enjoyable experience at the event. Typical settings will be events held at either indoor or outdoor facilities including for example, football stadia, indoor arenas and other sport centres.
Learners study 4 mandatory units and at least 2 optional units.
- Prepare stewards and venues for spectator events
- Maintain stewarding in designated areas and deal with spectator problems and emergencies
- Deal with accidents and emergencies
- Develop productive working relationships with colleagues
- Support the efficient use of resources
- Manage own resources and professional development
- Manage information for action
- Help to manage conflict
- Control and detain people at a spectator event for action by the police
- Work with others to improve customer service
This qualification assesses both the competence and knowledge of learners working in a senior/supervisory stewarding position. This assessment must ensure learners demonstrate complete coverage of the qualification standards on at least two occasions when the assessor is present and that evidence is also available to indicate the standard is met on occasions when the assessor is not present. It is expected that the majority of evidence supporting learners in completing the qualification will come from the observation of real work activities along with other work related products and formal assessments quality assurance by the centre.
- Level 4 NVQ in Spectator Safety Management
- Safety Officer
Duration: 3-day classroom delivery
Cost: £450.00 + Vat per candidate including registration and certification