Our Emergency First Aid at Work is an in-house comprehensive training programme suitable for staff in any sector, providing essential knowledge to ensure a safe working environment. The course is delivered in one day (6 hours) and delegates will be assessed throughout the whole day with a certificated awarded upon successful completion.
- Course introduction
- Legal compliance
- Managing incidents
- Examining a casualty
- Conscious/unconscious causalities
- Treating a casualty
- Further emergency action
- General common illnesses
- Basic life support
- First aid kits/equipment
- Recording/reporting injuries
What do I gain with this qualification?
All of our courses ensure that you meet recommendations underlined by the HSE and also provide you with the skills, knowledg and confidence to use what you have learned in a real emergency situation.
Learning outcomes and assessment criteria:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider
- Be able to assess an incident
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breaking normally
- Be able to recognise and assist a casualty who is choking
- Be able to manage a casualty with external bleeding
- Be able to manage a casualty who is in shock
- Be able to manage a casualty with a minor injury
Our courses offer a practical hands-on approach that delivers the skills and confidence to use first aid skills in real life situations.
Learners must be physically able to carry out the practical elements of the course.
The HSE requires at lease 18 training and contact hours for this course. Learners must attend all sessions to be eligible for assessment.
If you have any more questions about the First Aid at Work (1 Day) course, please call 01276 681248 or fill in the contact form below.