The Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (dCPC) was introduced during 2008 for passenger carrying vehicles and 2009 for LGVs, as part of a new European Directive designed to improve road safety, enhance standards of driving and regularly maintain the performance of professional drivers..
Here at KTA, as a JAUPT approved centre we offer fully approved Driver CPC on your premises. If you have a suitable room and can spare it for the day, then we can deliver training to your staff on your premises. With a maximum class size of 20, this can be a very cost effective solution.
For a limited period we are offering 1 day’s free periodic training if you book 5 days of 35 hours or book 5 drivers to attend a course and you will be charged for 4 driver’s, the 5th driver will free. Contact us for more details.
Time is ticking away….
Before you know it September 2018/2019 will be upon us or sooner if you have taken your vocational licence test after September 2008/2009, then you have 5 years from the day you pass your module 4 test.
Why not spread your training over the 5 years and spread the cost.
Planned Course Dates 2016:
- April Saturday 2nd
- April Thursday 14th
- May Saturday 7th
- May Thursday 19th
- June Saturday 4th
- June Thursday 16th June
- Saturday 2nd July
- Thursday July 21st
- Further dates to be arranged
We also plan to do 5 day courses… for more details please contact us…..
Courses on Offer:
We currently now have three courses registered and are working on introducing others courses including First Aid:
Health Safety & the Environment:
- Health & Safety at Work
- Hazard & Risks Legislation
- Manual Handling
- Chemical Other Substances Hazard to Health (COSHH) & Legislation
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) & Legislation
- Vehicle Safety, Vehicle checks, Wheel nut security
- Statutory Reporting of incidents and accidents at work
Driver Compliance – Course Content:
- Drivers Hours Regulations EU, Domestic & AETR
- Analogue & Digital Tachographs
- Working Time Directive
- Defect Reporting & Legislation, Wheel nut security
- Driving Licence regulations
- Hazard Awareness – What is a hazard? and consequences
- Driver Etiquette /Conflict Management – (Red Mist)
- Dealing with and Reporting Incidents
- Everyday First Aid
- Qualities of a Vocational Driver
More courses being planned including First Aid, Customer Service,
For further Information on how to apply for an driver CPC Periodic Training or Apprenticeship with KTA, click here to complete our contact form or call 01276 681248 to speak to one of our team.